When do I seek help?
Addiction is a growing problem in society, and with the growth of both prescription medicine and street drugs, it’s become an even more daunting problem in society. For those who use substances or alcohol frequently, it’s often hard to discern if you truly need to “get help.” Here are some important questions you should ask yourself.
1) Are you using medication as prescribed?
2) Do you go out of your way to get more medication than is needed to treat your condition? For example, do you go to multiple doctors to get more medications, or do you take some of your friends’ medications?
3) Do you feel self-conscious disclosing all the drugs you’re taking to your doctor?
4) Do you feel like you need to take a larger dose of the drug to get the same effects?
5) Do you feel sick if you’re no longer using it?
6) Are you having a hard time stopping the substance use?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consult with a doctor about your substance use. With substance addiction, it’s absolutely vital that help starts early. Here at South Bay Connect, we can be the support you need to end addiction. We’re an outpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation center located in the south bay area.